My mom announced from the other room last night that Anna-Jane rolled over. I was in total disbelief until I saw it for myself. She did it 3-4 times last night and this morning we were ready to get proof. The following video has no sound. The surface she was rolling on is a bed and there were 3 of us sitting around her but the area she was on was pretty flat. It starts out with her on her side, but she got that way herself before the video started. I only assisted one time in the video to help her move her arm up from underneath her.
***For those of you who don't know development, one and a half month olds DO NOT normally roll over. This is a skill learned around 3 months old. Anna-Jane has always been very strong and has been able to hold her head up well since she was pretty much born. We already have plans for an Olympic Gymnast :). Also, most babies can roll from tummy to back first and then it takes a while for them to learn the back to tummy. This is because they have the leverage of their arms under them to roll to their back. This is a difficult skill that I am still in shock that she can do. I sure thought I had a few more weeks of being able to put her down places knowing she won't go anywhere. Well, that's over unless I prop up her right side (she only rolls right).**
Sunday, January 6, 2008
MY 7 WEEK OLD CAN ROLL OVER!!
Anna-Jane Rolls Over
Posted by Bree at 7:50 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Holy cow! That is amazing! Jacinda rolled from her tummy to her back the other day and I was shocked that came so soon. But, back to tummy, amazing! Wow, way to go advanced babies!
Olympic Gold Fo Sho!!! Save me a seat at those games :)
That's our litte girl. I knew those little legs were strong. She looks like she is trying to push herself up with them just like when we hold her. She will be crawling before you know it. PawPaw and I were amazed watching this. Love, MawMaw
Well, you and I are having some same experiences Bree! Ava did the same thing and would get really mad when her arm was in the way.
Amanda C
Post a Comment