Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tradition



Easter is fast approaching and I thought I would share one of my favorite family traditions! Every Easter morning (and Christmas too), my mom would get up and make us "Orange Julius". It is fantastic!! It is the perfect holiday twist on orange juice. Mom would put it in her nicest crystal champagne glasses and we sip it as we looked through Easter baskets or as we opened Christmas gifts! So if you are adventurous and up to trying something new this Easter (or sometime soon) here is the recipe:


6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate

1 cup milk

1 cup water

4 Tbsp. sugar

1 teasp. vanilla

10-12 ice cubes


Put all ingredients into blender and let it get slushy. Add ice to taste. Serve cold in your best crystal (or fancy glasses). Enjoy!!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

MMMM...that sounds yummy; can I add some champagne to that? ; )

Kelly said...

Hey Bree...thanks for the recipe, I'll try it out. I've had a really cheap version of that with just OJ and milk in a glass with some ice.....doesn't sound near as good. And your baby is precious by the way : ) I hope your enjoying motherhood!
Kelly McCarver

robs said...

I LOVE this tradition and I can't wait to start it with Josh!

vickinlarry.blogspot.com said...

That is so sweet that you are carrying on our tradition and sharing it with others. Orange Julius used to be a place like Sonic or a smoothie place--it was THE place to go years ago. There wssn't one in our town, so we had to get one when we visited Austin.

We didn't have an O.J. today because neither of you were here, and for the first time probably EVER in our marriage, we ate out (just ourselves) for lunch--going to Nana's used to be the tradition, then our house, but not today. Made me a bit sad, but I have happy daughters who are also rejoicing this Easter Day for what Jesus did for us, and how He arose to conquer death! That part IS joyful! Love, Mom