Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Belated Father's Day and where I've been....

On Father's Day Sunday, we had such a fabulous day! We went to church and then went to lunch with our friends Sarah and Daimon. Sarah is 8 months pregnant (due July 19) so we celebrated both dads at Johnny Carino's. We invited them to come with us out to Rosemont Reservoir with us that evening so the boys could go fly fishing. I was a little concerned for Sarah because of how far along she was because the Reservoir is 10,000 ft. up and to get there you have to drive 10 miles on a bumpy, winding gravel road and then hike a half mile in downhill and going back in it is a little haul back up.


The lake is so peaceful up there and the flys were everywhere. We set up a tarp and blanket for Anna-Jane, and Sarah and I munched on snacks in our camping chairs.


Little did any of us know, but this would be the last picture of Sarah pregnant.
I woke up to my phone ringing at 6:15 the next morning telling me Sarah's water had broken and they were on the way to the hospital!! Sarah had been preparing for a homebirth and had not purchased supplies for it yet since she was still 5 weeks early. (A homebirth is no longer safe at 35 weeks since an early break in the waters usually indicates a problem.) My good friend Gen and I sprung into action buying snacks for the hospital, water, popsicles, and anything we could imagine they might need. Sweet and generous Sarah allowed me to be there for the whole birth so I could take pictures. What an amazing experience!! Sarah did beautifully and out came a gorgeous little girl, Macy. She either weighed 4lbs. 13oz. or 5lbs. ?oz. (someone said the scale was off...I haven't got the final count). Here are just a few of the pics:





Welcome baby Macy!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

So that is why Macy is early! ; ) Sweet and generous is right...no one with a camera would have been anywhere near me! Although, she looks great in them...lucky girl!

Emily said...

Wow! All that activity must have made the baby ready to come out! I had Jacob 4 weeks early and wasn't completely ready with everything but it was God's perfect timing. I'm glad the baby is healthy and that she has such great friends to help her out. :)

me said...

Beautiful pictures, send me a 4x6 of that Anna-Jane picture- I LOVE it :) robs