Hello my blog world!
I have been living in a crazy state of technological limbo for the past few days. It started last Friday when my keyboard quit working and my mouse was sluggish. Eventually the keyboard quit working pretty much all together as well as the mouse. Kyle had me save my pictures, programs, favorites, etc. to our external hard drive so he could reformat the computer to try to save it. He did so and that did not fix the problem. So I searched the internet and found the keyboard issue to be a problem for many Dell laptops (esp. Inspirons). So Kyle tightened the screws underneath- still not working. Then he took the entire keyboard off the laptop and used our electronic "blow dryer" to clean it off-- SUCCESS!!! We did a happy dance in the kitchen and gave thanks to our Provider above that we wouldn't have to spend money to fix it. So joy that the computer works.
The pain part came this morning while I was trying to re-load things. I can't find my internet bookmarks (for those of you that don't use this-- man it makes life so simple). I had bookmarked a ton of blogs I watch (some that aren't on the blog roll), a bunch of photography resources, photographers' sites whom I admire and get inspired by, and business resources. I also am not sure if I can restore my photoshop as it was a sort of trial until I could buy the better version for the business (which I'm currently saving for). I also had about 100 free fonts I had downloaded that I forgot to back-up before the reformat. I am so very bummed about this, but I am beyond ecstatic that my computer works. I feel bad complaining, but I needed an outlet and I didn't want to complain to Kyle since he was my hero for saving the laptop.
If there aren't any pictures posted for a while it is because I don't have my conversion software or my editing software. Thank you for your patience while I complained. You guys are wonderful.
Maybe I can get everything back to the way it was once my mom gets here (she'll watch Anna-Jane so I can get it done). She comes Saturday!!! I can't wait!!!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Joy and Pain
Posted by Bree at 8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
so to hear about your dilemma. Brad's having his laptop fixed. Isaac chewed on the power cord, Brad didn't realize it, and plugged it in causing the power cord reacharge board to fry! eek! not quite as bad as losing a lot of stuff you needed, but we feel your pain!
Post a Comment