This love story began when I was pregnant. I would go and stand in the carseat and stroller aisle of Babies R Us and stare at the selection, overwhelmed. I wanted a carseat that was safe, comfortable, easy to use, and cute. I was so lost. How could I tell if this one was more comfy than another? I pushed, buckled, snapped, strolled, and carried around several different brands and models. Then I left....and came back and did this same thing about 4 more times. Finally my mom came in town and she had offered to purchase our travel system (car seat + stroller). We landed on the pricier but more comfortable, safer, and easier to use Chicco system. I love it! This carseat is lightweight, and I love the cushions in it. When Anna-Jane was younger, she would sleep so well in this and sometimes she still does. I have loved this carseat.
Now. The hate part of this relationship was not initiated by me, but by my daughter. I can hardly go anywhere without her screaming and protesting now. So now because she is hating it, I'm hating it. I had wanted to wait until her birthday to put her in the new one, but I don't know if we can wait. My list of "must-haves" for the next carseat is just as long, but I think I have a better idea of what I want. I have heard great things about the Britax brand and I think I might go with that. This carseat will most likely last her from age 1 to age 4 or 5 when she goes to a booster seat, so it needs to be good!
Sorry for the rant and if you made it this far- you have passed the ADD exam. If you have recently purchased an infant seat, please give me your vote with a comment. Thanks!!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Love-Hate Relationship Defined
Posted by Bree at 1:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We have a Britax, we love it. They are pretty expensive, though.
My friend Kristy has one that is Maxi-Cosi brand, she has really liked it.
Hope that helps!
We have LOVED our Britax. For how long they stay in it, it's worth the money. I'm sure we will buy another Britax for baby girl when the time comes.
we are in the same hunt for a new car seat. anna kate has started fussing in hers too. i think it is that they realize there is a world going on around them and they are stuck facing the back. keep us updated on your choice! suzanne
we got the britax boulevard and we (makenna AND myself) LOVE it. it's a bit bulky, but my motto is SAFETY FIRST. :) good luck with your search!
Post a Comment