Thursday, September 6, 2007

I swear... I used to look good!



Yeah, yeah, yeah...no matter how well meaning you are or how sweet, I am not feeling so pretty or even just pleasant to look at. And I am not saying this to get compliments at all b/c the Lord knows those don't even dent the surface anymore. Forget "glowing" or the "sexy pregnant woman" look or even just "healthy". I passed that about 3 weeks ago. Now I'm feeling like the look-out-sad-looking-large-pregnant-wide-load, when's-that-baby-coming, follow-her-around-with-a-bucket-in-case-her-water-breaks, don't-blink-funny-or-we'll-have-Niagra-Falls-tears xtra large preggo woman. I've been on the edge of tears the past few days and just haven't felt like myself. I tell Kyle that I'm ready to have my body back, because it sure doesn't belong to me!! I love this baby so much and I feel selfish for not wanting to be pregnant anymore...I shouldn't complain I know b/c many people struggle to even get pregnant. But when you are gaining weight like you are preparing for Y2K all over again, your hands are numb 100% of the time and your joints ache 25% of the time, and you can't sleep without peeing sometime in the middle of the night, you lose perspective. Now...this isn't to say I'm not thrilled to have this little sweetie pie in my arms- I want that so bad and right now!! My body LOVED being pregnant in the first and second trimesters...but once I hit magic #3, it decided it was tired and couldn't take much more. Anyways- Sorry for the little rant. It isn't all bad, I LOVE feeling her move inside me and kick and squirm and even shudder! Her hiccups just about kill me b/c they are so cute. I imagine her little feet and her precious face and about the minute Kyle hands her to me and she lays on my chest. Those images are the only thing that truly help keep me going...that and knowing that breastfeeding helps shake those pounds off real fast!! So here are some pictures of me when I was not pregnant for those of you who forgot and for myself to realize that this fattness is temporary!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I remember the days...I'm not judging. I gained tons of weight with Anna (mostly water) and I hated it. I couldn't walk far or I'd get all out of breath, I was swollen everywhere, huge, peeing all the time, plus it was summer in LA and SO hot! It is so normal to want your body back(I still am not there!) But, it will be over soon, I promise. Go ahead and cry though, it will make you feel better...for the moment anyways!

vickinlarry.blogspot.com said...

Hey Sweetie,
Yes, I was there when I was preggers with you! I'm sorry it is happening to you. Just keep telling yourself "this too shall pass..." and before you know it, that sweet Little Miracle (or Lily) will be in your arms and you'll feel normal again...

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Bree! I loved this honest write-up. You are so cute! I am sure it stinks to be pregnant & big...but at least it's better than being just BIG! That is how I have been feeling the past few weeks- BIG. I am 15 lbs heavier than when I was in college & I feel it. Gross me out! Why can't I eat ding-dongs & cookies everyday anymore!? It's not fair! I feel your pain sista! At least you have a reward coming, though. If I don't shape up soon, I ain't got nothin' comin 'cept fat ankles! -Elise Syer

The Masons said...

I was going to try to comfort you by saying that this is just part of becoming a mommy and that you are gorgeous because it is a beautiful time of life, but I know it isn't much comfort. I myself am excited to have my body back to wear sexy heals again and feel beautiful and skinny again. But, soon we'll have beautiful baby girls that will make up for eveything we went through for 9 months. I'm sick of waking up to pee or waking up hungry again, but then I realized that soon I'll be waking up to wet diapers and to feed someone else, so I guess we still have a long way to go before we get to sleep a full night. :(

The Masons said...

Oh.. I told Jeff he can wake me up so I stop snoring, but if you were up for 3 hours after, maybe I better retract that.

The Clarks said...

Yes, I remember those days. Hang in there, Bree. You know I gained a ton of weight and I didn't even breast feed, and on top of that, had a C-section, and I even got it off relatively quick. You'll have no problem. It will come off, don't even worry about it. Just keep thinking about holding that sweet baby...