Friday, January 18, 2008

Our little pooper.....err non-pooper

So I took our little angel to the dr. today. She weighs 9lbs 5oz which puts her in the 50th percentile while her height is 21.25 in. which is less consistent and puts her in the 25th percentile. No worries or concerns for any of that (esp. with shorter parents). Then we talked about her "not going" problem. He said he was not worried at all. Some babies just neurologically don't develop that reflex or whatever until they are about 4 months old. Soooo we're just gonna wait and see and pray that she starts it back up on her own down the line somewhere. Thank you for your prayers (I bet you never prayed for someone to poop before!) we appreciate them as it is still not necessarily resolved but we have faith that it will be.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

believe it or not, i was actually talking to my mom (I am in Dallas) last night about Anna-Jane and her prayer request! hahaha how funny is that. Anywho, yes, we are all praying that funny lil' important prayer!! We know she will sooner than later be surprising you more than you want :) haha

Anonymous said...

Is it wierd that I have prayed for someone to poop before? Not quite the same context, but if it's any encouragement, it was answered.
Hopefully you won't press charges like that guy did.

Emily said...

Ha! The "poop prayer" was one of our biggest answered prayers when Jacob was an infant. He had Jaundice and the doc said that if he didn't poop by a certain time, he'd be concerned. Well the morning after his "deadline", he still hadn't pooped. Justin and I sat down and prayed over him so intensely. Within a couple of minutes - the poop cometh! Ha ha. We were so overjoyed. Weird, huh? Such is the life of a parent.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bree!

I just wanted to let you know that Ava Grace had the same issues and just within the last few weeks has started going multiple times a day. She used to go 5 to 6 days at a time between pooping. She is now 4 months and is pretty regular I'd say. Hang in there!

Amanda C