Thursday, January 17, 2008

Why does my living room look like a scrapbooking store?

Because I'm a mom, that's why. So she sleeps more than many babies, but when she sleeps I try to do things I couldn't normally do with her in my arms such as pee or make lunch (not in that order......and I wash my hands). I've wanted to catch up on my scrapping since I returned from Texas. Today she stayed asleep after I brought her in from our outing so I brought out my stuff. Just as everything is spread all over the floor, (you guessed it) she woke up! I'm not really complaining, I mean I love my baby and I would do ANYTHING for her (that's safe and healthy anyway). And I can scrap later..........right? I will be able to scrap again......mom's of the world, you are silent.....I will have time to myself again soon, right?

Well we shall see. There just seems to be so many things that need to be done and not a lot of time for things I want done. I know I have heard so many mothers say "I just don't know where all the time goes, I used to have all this time and now I have none." I've heard it, but now it actually applies to me. I know what they mean now. I know what the anthem of the new mom is. I'd tell you but I just don't have any more time.

2 comments:

The Clarks said...

I wish I could tell you it gets better. Jackson's scrapbook only goes through his 3rd month, and now he's two!

The Masons said...

tell me about it. I tried to start Jacinda's baby scrapbook Saturday and I got a few things written and that was it ALL day. We should have a scrapbooking play date!