When you take those CPR classes, you hope you never have to use them....but when you do, you are so glad you can!! Last night, unfortunately and fortunately was one of those times. My mom was watching Anna-Jane crawl around under the chairs in my parent's living room until she picked her up. Anna-Jane was making an odd swallowing sound. My mom couldn't figure out what she was trying to do and I wasn't thinking too much about it (she's always making sounds) when my mommy radar perked up. I got up, picked her up, calmly announced "she's choking", turned her over on her tummy and started pounding on her back between the shoulders like I learned in my infant CPR classes. She was spewing out frothy drool/spit up so I reached in to clear the airway (also from the class) and she started crying (finally). I have no idea what was in there and I don't think she was quite fully choking yet, but I do know her lips turned purplish (scary). She was scared and unable to breathe fully. Praise the Lord she recovered, praise the Lord I knew what to do and saw what needed to be done, and praise Him for infant CPR courses. If you never took these courses - TAKE ONE! If you love an infant in your life, take the class. Require anyone who watches your child to take one. This is so important. I can not stress it enough. It is that important! She's fine now and has laughed and smiled since then (much to our relief). My mom looked under the chair before this happened and there was no visible thing there- so we don't think it was paper or anything big. Some things only the Lord knows!
Here are a few pics we took the other day.


5 comments:
good job dr mom!!! i am proud of you! glad she is doing fine! cute pics! that bottom lip is a cutey :)
So scary...way to stay calm! I love that pic in the old stroller!
ps. Amanda is having a boy so I want to chat with you about some burp rags. I'm going out of town for a couple of weeks, but I'll call you when I get home!
Whoa - I'm so proud of you for being calm and doing exactly the right thing! By the way, she is going to be the single most photographed person ever :) I love the stroller shot!
How scary! I'm so glad she is o.k.! I totally agree with you about CPR classes. They are so important, and everyone should take them.
oh my goodness! praise God for how equipped you to respond and handle that. you're so right about how important all that is.
oh, and i love that baby carriage shot. adorable!
Post a Comment