Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby, Chairs, Baskets

The other day we went over to the Shops at Riversquare Center in Downtown Waco and I snapped some after we ate lunch. I love the light in these!! She is at a tough age to get eye contact and catch smiles though so I'm treasuring these.






Seems like every time I come here, I get into some project (last time it was pillowcase dresses). This time, my sister Robin wanted to recover these chairs she got from my grandmother. We picked out the fabric and recovered them ourselves! I can't wait to see them with whatever pillows she picks out for them!

A few nights ago, Robin and I went with my mom to Baskets of Hope silent auction and dinner benefiting the Christian Women Job Corps for which my mom is on the board. This is a wonderful organization that helps women learn skills for jobs while giving them self-esteem and Christian values. It was so neat to hear the testimonies of the women there.

My dad kept Anna-Jane so I could attend with my mom and sister. I wasn't that interested in bidding on baskets (everything from christmas decorations in a basket, a sunset dinner sailboat cruise, to family game night supplies), but mom said to just make a few bids. I bid on a few but the only one I was really interested in was a cupcake basket (Anna-Jane's first birthday theme!!) Robin bid on a few and so did my mom. Robs kept me laughing as she "stalked" her baskets toward the end of bidding. Mom kept running over and upping the bids on hers and some of ours too. The most ironic part of it all was that mom only got 1 basket (out of 6 probably) and Robin got none out of her 4 or 5. I, however, walked away with 3 baskets: Chick-fil-A, a custom tee shirt gc, and a basket of gift wrapping supplies! (no cupcakes). Robin ended up knowing who won the basket she really wanted and she paid her for the half that she wanted! Anyways, here's our bounty:

I leave tomorrow to go back to Colorado. I have at least 4 photo sessions lined up when I get back which is great but busy!! I am furiously laying the tracks before this business train derails. I love doing photography and people are really liking what I'm doing. Win-Win.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO fun to see these pics & know that you're having such a fun time with your mom & sis. I'm proud of you for starting a photography business. You're really good at it. Love ya! Elise

Andrea said...

Those chairs are great!! Maybe you could help me do something with my couch. I really want to do pics of the girls so give me a ring when you can...I'm not surprised that you are so busy...you are great!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a good time. The pictures of Anna-Jane are beautiful as usual. The chairs look good. This is a great picture of you and Robin. Hope your photography sessions go well.
Love, Mary Jo

The Clarks said...

Next time you come to Dallas, I want you to take pictures for me!