Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Craziest week of '09: Part 2

I am doing this in two parts so scroll down and read Part One first!

Once we arrived back in town we had an excellent turn around time of 1 hour! We had put stuff out for the ski weekend before we left for TX and I had done laundry at my parent's house, so there wasn't much to pack but the car. We felt terrible putting Anna-Jane back in the car, but figured we'd do it all in one day to get it over with. Twenty miles outside of town, while getting gas, Anna-Jane threw up. We took that as a clear message from God and turned back for home. Saturday morning, early, we drove up and dropped Kyle off at Copper so he could snowboard. Anna-Jane and I headed back to the condo to meet up with our friends and the babies. As part of the condo, we had a day pass to a really nice place that has a baby pool, spa, etc. We had a great time hanging out and swimming with the babies. Probably the highlight of the trip.

Anna-Jane decided she wanted to sport the pigtail look. I think she rocked it!
We got to witness this amazing sunset from our balcony.


All of this was so much fun and we had a great evening playing cards and watching the babies play.
Anna-Jane, Macy, Selah, Alana



Anna-Jane decided to practice her photography skills too.
I'm so glad we got to spend time with our friends and have such great company. We are so blessed. That night, however, was a different story. Co-sleeping with a one year old on an air mattress is pretty much impossible. Anna-Jane would not sleep and ended up throwing up (I think that had to do with altitude) and having horrible gas. For some reason, all the babies and parents were put in the living room together- one sofa bed, two air mattresses. I had no where to take my fussy child except the bathroom, and once she calmed down we both ended up sleeping on a very firm (and small) loveseat (not couch) for the rest of the night. Not comfortable and not sleep inducing. I think I got 2 hours of sleep that night. I was NOT in a good mood the next morning. The crew left that morning and Kyle and I stayed behind to finish up the timeshare stuff from last fall and we got to eat at Kenosha Steakhouse (one of our favorites). We did not get crepes this trip as it was just not in the cards. So yay for fellowship, boo for sleeping arrangements!

Finally back at home, I'm caught up on the mountain of laundry that awaited us. I am trying to work on taking more pictures too, but my model is not having much of it. Any one want to volunteer their child so I can work on learning my camera better?

Whew! If you read all of that, you are one dedicated follower! Thanks for reading!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

What a whirlwind of a week. Poor Anna-Jane! And man, do I hear ya - sleeping like that is NOT fun. When I was in Alabama recently Huddy & I spent the night on a completely deflated air mattress over hardwood floors. :(
Hey - we're going to be in the Springs this weekend. Justin has to work on Saturday so we're all going to come and stay the night. I'm taking the boys to the zoo Sat. morning. I know it's Valentine's Day so I'm sure y'all have plans but if not, we'd love for you to join us. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad everyone is feeling better!! She looks so sad in her little sick picture!!

Tammy said...

I volunteer any of my children once we get there! :) Can't wait to see y'all! Lord willing, there will be less high drama on the trip to Colorado than your trip to Texas! Love you!