Friday, February 13, 2009

How to get your child to smile in pictures

I found the only way I could get Anna-Jane to smile in pictures




......... is to be in them with her.




or get her to play patty-cake. This usually works once or twice.

but most of the time, I'm just happy if she sits there not crying.

so I give her something to put in her hands

or point to something outside.


I get quite a few people who ask how I get Anna-Jane to sit still for pictures. The truth is I don't usually. I take 4-5 here, 2 there, 1 in another spot. Her attention span is about what you'd expect from a 1 year old. Most of the time too, I put her in a spot and she immediately starts to be upset...so I give up then and try again later. I also have the camera ready and it is almost always sitting on our dining table so when I see a good mood and good lighting, I grab it and see if she's willing. I will not lie, I get TONS of throw aways that look like this and worse:

2 comments:

me said...

i love the second one, Bree you're so pretty!

The Clarks said...

What sweet pictures!