Tuesday, August 4, 2009

anyone still out there?

Sorry for the sabbatical! I know I've been gone almost a month now. I feel like I've hardly been home at all. After the 4th, I went to Waco again for our cousin's trip. We had a great time, but I took hardly any pictures of the actual trip. I did a few sessions for some friends, but that was basically it. My aunt Laurie treated my cousin (her daughter), Melanie, and me to a night in Amarillo and the show Texas in Palo Duro Canyon. Anna-Jane didn't sit too well during the show, but absolutely went wild for the fireworks afterwards. She would raise her hands up and yell, "WOW O WOW O WOW"!! It was priceless.

While I was there, my family through me a small shower for Judah. I did make sure Melanie took some pictures from that.

Pictures from my shower in Waco:



We also celebrated my Nana's 96th birthday with a small party at her nursing home. We got a family picture from that.


How sweet is this? I had to post this one...look who jumped into our shot!


Then we got back and I tried to catch up with everything! Busy busy busy. Then Kyle left to visit his mom and grandfather (and grandmother & uncle) in Texas for a long weekend. He got back on Tuesday. Anna-Jane was so sweet and glad to be back in daddy's arms. She just clung on and wouldn't let go. In the picture below you can kinda see she is patting his back.


Later that evening, I had a session and we left immediately after for Grand Junction. Kyle had to go out of town for business so Anna-Jane and I tagged along since we could drive. We stayed at the Double Tree. I don't know that the trip would have been as easy if it were not for such a great hotel. They had a swing set and the staff was always soooo helpful and understanding. They had hot cookies every night and we stayed in a suite with a really comfy bed!



We watched some Veggie Tales and during "The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps" there is a growling bear. Anna-Jane says "rrrooooar"!
The pregnancy is going well! I'm about to hit 27 weeks and though I feel pretty good, I'm starting to feel, well, big. I can't do much bending over easily and this kid has some mighty powerful kicks. I think this is early to feel them so strongly, but he's sitting out front and I've felt his feet, butt, and head through my belly. I had Melanie help take a picture of me that I saw and wanted to copy. Yes, I'm that pasty white.

2 comments:

vickinlarry.blogspot.com said...

Finally, some new pics--so fun to see. Love you! Mom

me said...

awww, love the first one of a-j and kyle!!!

i snorted i was laughing so hard about josh sneaking in our picture. so funny.

love your pictures so much!