Friday, January 29, 2010

Wow

Since I put my video up a little over 2 days ago, I have had over 2,500 views. Some people were a little taken back that I would put that up there and I knew that would happen. The thing is I watched quite a few videos on youtube of other people's homebirths that helped me prepare and get psyched up for my own births. I felt that posting mine was a way to give back to the natural birth community. I am so thankful for the opportunity and privilege to have my children at home. I look back on my labor (not just the birth) with wonder and fulfillment. Not many women get that from a labor. Anyways, I hope that it has helped someone out there and I hope that this video can help support the natural birth community.

On to cuter things. I have taken a few random pics and thought I'd share....b/c what is a post from me without pictures?! I prefer to speak in images.

This girl is crazy. She is very active and usually happy. She is most definitely the first child and we are cutting are parenting teeth with her. We make our mistakes and try to learn from them, both of us!


I spend a good part of our days at home telling her to stop doing stuff like this. It may seem innocent and loving, but really she takes her hands and claps his cheeks with her hands. Now she'll also take her video player over to him when she watches movies. She'll either sit on the boppy or him and tilt the player so he can see too. It is sweet except for the sitting on him part.


I finally ordered the canvas I bought for his newborn picture. I lurve it!

2 comments:

Emily said...

First of all, I saw your video and thought it was wonderful. Made me tear up and think of my own labors though they weren't at home.
Secondly, welcome to life with a newborn and toddler. When people ask how it is with two I always would say, the baby isn't the hard part...it's having to constantly discipline the toddler. Jacob was ALWAYS bothering Hudson and usually not in a sweet older sibling way. Usually in a greedy for attention way. But a year and a half later and now they're little buds. They still have issues of course but they love playing together and it's fun to see them interact now that Hudson's older. Hopefully adjusting to three will be easier than adjusting to two. We'll find out soon enough!

me said...

laughed out loud with the cheeky picture---reminds me so much of little robin. i love that she loves his cheeks!! poor, tolerant buddy, i wuv widdle judah wuvey.