Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Im Nas Tics

So we started Anna-Jane in gymnastics about 4 weeks ago. We thought it would be a wonderful way to encourage some social interaction, burn off some abundant energy, and learn some life skills. This could not be better for her. She follows the other children (many who are older) and loves the obstacle courses they have set up. In, out, up, down, through, over, etc. The first few times we didn't make the full 45 min. without her melting in tears from overstimulation and just learning the ropes, so to speak. We also didn't make it out the door without a melt down because she also didn't want to leave. I'm thankful for the opportunity for her to grow in those areas she needs, but MAN! it is tough when you are in the middle of teaching it.

We joined at the end of a 12 week session so this was our awards day. Her little class is below:


Receiving her award with Coach Ruth who comments on how her strong will will be an asset later in life. I have to just laugh b/c I know who this strong will comes from. I agree about it being an asset, though. She won't let anyone mess with her later and she will stand up for what she believes in. It just is a strength that need to be honed, and I believe gymnastics is a great place to start.

We had to make up a class due to a dr. appt. (which I should probably fill you in on) so Kyle took her to a Saturday class. I took some great video and pictures from that and will try to post soon. My plate is quite full at the moment and this blog is feeling the neglect. Thanks for keeping up with me.

0 comments: