We weren't at home pretty much the whole month. We spent about two weeks in Durango and then left from there to go to Waco for another two weeks. Both trips were awesome.
Judah LOVES the moon. He loves finding it and pointing it out, etc. Here is Daddy and Judah moon-gazing:
Kisses...guess who's lips Judah has.
On our way out of town to Durango, I took Anna-Jane to a Mother's Day Out type thing and she left with a goldfish. Riiiiiight. I literally had the car packed to drive out of town and was picking her up to get on the highway. What am I going to do with a fish in a cup for 7 hours?! We finally made it to Durango and Anna-Jane got to gaze and love on her new pet. I knew this fish couldn't stay long in that tiny cup so there I stood in the aisle at Walmart for a good 20 minutes google-ing how to take care of a goldfish on my phone thinking "oh the things we do for our children"
she named him Gum. I tried to campaign for Shark or Jaws but Gum it was. No clue where that name came from.
Remember I told you we had an elevator? Well, here it is. The door to our place is open and we're standing in the hall. The accordion is the door for the actual elevator. You have to close it before it will move. Both doors to the hallway upstairs and the hall to the alley downstairs have to be shut too.
We enjoyed walking around downtown a lot. There is Cold Stone just down the street so we would grab some ice cream and sit out next to the sidewalk. It was heaven.

While we were there, guess who happened to be visiting?
Thomas the train. The kids went NUTS!!!!
We were planning to ride the "real" bigger train that weekend so we didn't ride with Thomas, but we took part in all the fun extras they had going on like the bouncy castle, Thomas tattoos, petting zoo, and more.The long weekend we were there, we first visited the Pagosa Springs Hot Springs. I've been to Glenwood Springs which is one long, big pool, but Pagosa had lots and lots (20?) of smaller hot tubs at all different temperatures. You could select your pool according to its temperature. The kids had a blast.
The next day, we went on the famous Durango to Silverton Narrow Guage Railroad. It lived up to its reputation! Despite being confined to a small space for 3 hours, the kids LOVED it. It was a gorgeous ride and Silverton was really really cool. It has mostly dirt roads still with a small downtown. I swear I stepped back in time. The kids even had fun all the 3 hours back. There was never really a shortage of scenery that was interesting and beautiful. We've gone back to Durango a few times and the kids have asked to go again just about every time the whistle blows....and that's a lot.







We drove straight from Durango to Waco again for our usual summer trip. Kyle's dad and stepmom were there when we got there and the kids got to visit with MawMaw and PawPaw. They really enjoyed them and the kites they brought!!







0 comments:
Post a Comment