Wow! What a week and a half. My birthday last Wednesday, Mother's Day on Sunday, our Anniversary today (Friday), and I leave tomorrow morning for Texas for Robin's wedding next weekend!! Whoo- that is exhausting just writing it out!


Today marks our 4th anniversary. Kyle and I met in college and decided we were both interested in learning more about each other. Kyle was smart and played it slow (I was a little shy of relationships) by inviting me to group functions and on dates that included other people. Our first date was a mixer between his frat. and my sorority to the drive-in movie theater. We drove back afterwards to Waco (it was about 30 min. away) and sat and talked at the local coffee shop. Kyle asked, "Hey...wanna go on an adventure?" and I was hooked! We climbed up to the clock tower of the Burleson Building at Baylor and signed our names.


We began dating and spent my senior year together as a pretty serious couple. Everyone expected us to be engaged by the end of the school year, but May came and went with no ring. Little did I know, Kyle had purchased the ring in March when I was student teaching in Australia. Kyle left shortly (I mean the day after) our 1 year dating anniversary to play and hike in Colorado for the summer. I was doing grad. school north of Dallas and missing Kyle massively. In August, Kyle invited me to fly up and then ride back to Texas with him. We hiked, fished, visited the Denver arboretum. On August 19, Kyle took me to dinner at the Broadmoor and proposed. We made our way into the pool area where Andrea Bocelli (a fave of ours) was playing on the speakers and as we were dancing, he told me many sweet things and got down on one knee to propose (I said yes!). (sorry but I can't get those pics to upload)
We were engaged for 9 months.
We were engaged for 9 months.
On Sunday May 16th, 2004 we were married in the same chapel as my parents (on Baylor campus). Our reception followed in the Hilton Hotel Ballroom. We loved every second!
The next day we flew to Jamaica where we stayed at Couples Swept Away near Negril. This was seriously the best trip ever. We were pampered and spoiled. We want to go back...










6 comments:
Great pictures! Congratulations on your anniversary!
congrats on an awesome love story --- i love you two so much!
and guess what?! you wanna go back huh?! how about october 18?? hee hee that is the #1 destination resort on our destination wedding locations list -- i think that yesterday actually we decided that it was gonna happen there. so stay tuned :)
ttys, sho & amir
i *love* the story...that gives me a great idea when our anniversary rolls around in sept.
Have I said lately how much I love you? You 3 are huge blessings in my life....Love, Mom
Congrats!!! I can still remember hanging out with you two lovebirds at Mark and Mer's when you were engaged. I'm so sorry we missed you when we were in CO Springs - I knew you were living in CO but didn't realize we were so close to you - what an AMAZING place to live - Ben is totally ready to move.
How sweet! I enjoyed that. You've come a long way, baby! I still have the Baylor Line with your wedding announcement in it because mine was in the same issue (we sent it in a little late). Happy Anniversary, Bree & Kyle!
Post a Comment