Hello my blogwatchers! I am sorry for the neglect. I have been in Texas since last Saturday (the 17th) as I helped prepare for my sister's wedding and then was in it this past Saturday (the 24th). The wedding was in my parent's backyard so it was quite a production! Despite all the work involved, it was a beautiful wedding that was fun and full of heart. I am still working on uploading pictures as some will be from my mom's camera, some are from mine, and most are either out of focus or shot with the flash being that I just didn't have the time or patience to mess with manual and be a good matron (ugh- hate that word) of honor.


part of the backyard:
We had the bachelorette party on Thursday night. We went to George's and dressed her up all crazy. She also carried a blow-up doll around that we named "Josh" (her husband's name). We each had opportunities to dare her to do stuff and she was a great sport about it all. We then went and sang karaoke at a small bar where the crowd eagerly embraced us and our enthusiasm. Robin had an older Elvis impersonator serenade "I can't help falling in love with you" and an even older guy with like 3 teeth dedicate an interesting rendition of "All my exes live in Texas" to her (he was seriously about 2 whole lines off for the whole song). We got her up to sing "You've lost that lovin' feeling" to the Josh doll followed by all of us singing "Any man of mine". It was highly entertaining and tons of fun!


The rehearsal was in the backyard and they were putting up a lot of the finishing touches on the yard. Draped behind the stage was 2 sheer white panels for background and they had been rolled up together at the bottom to keep them off the ground until the ceremony. My 7 year old cousin looks up at them and asks (imagine the accent too) "why is thar a big pear-a panties up thar?.....that looks lyke a big pear-a panties!"
We had been worried about rain, but the Lord took care of us and held it off. It was actually on the warm side and just as my sister was saying her vows the sunset broke through the trees and softly lit her face as she repeated her promises to Josh. It was magical and several people have asked us if we had a spotlight on her face - haha!! They had breakfast food served under a huge tent and people danced underneath white lights by the pool. There was even a fire pit to roast marshmellows on in one part of the yard. Everybody had a great time and we've been getting so many compliments on it since then. Robin and Josh are in Tulum, Mexico for the next few days and will be back Friday night. I am staying on until Sunday afternoon and then returning to Colorado. These pics are not exceptional technically, but I turned off my photographer brain for the night and just tried to take some pictures. I am definately not cut out for wedding photography!!!!
part of the backyard:







7 comments:
Looks so fun...and you look beautiful!
And please include me for private blog access...unless you think I am a psycho! ;)
What do we have to do to have access to you, Kyle and our granddaughter? Love, Mary Jo
Pass along my congratulations to Robin! The pictures are wonderful:)-Ashleigh T. Thompson
cute pics! anyhoo, I'm a blog-stalker from the BBC pumpkin pies, shouldBworking. I'd love to be kept in the loop if you don't mind adding me to your list, love seeing anna-jane get bigger!! she's adorable.
Hello! This is Jennie Kerr, and I found your blog through your facebook page. I really enjoy seeing Anna-Jane, so if I could be included in the private blog I would love that!! Thanks.
Bree-I'm not sure if you remember me, but we knew each other in high school at Columbus Ave. I like to read your blog and keep up to date on your cute little girl--can I be on your e-mail list? Callie Tanner
Bree,
Your daddy is one good dancer, isn't he! And you are one good photographer--love all the pics! Can't wait to see you again, and we'll go to all those places again!!! Love, Mom
Post a Comment