Our trip was so wonderful! There is just so much to update, you may need a few minutes to catch up!
On the Tuesday after we arrived, Anna-Jane and I drove to Houston for James' graduation from medical school (congrats James!). It was really cool to watch them take the Hippocratic oath and get hooded. James is our bro-in-law (Tiffany is his wife and Kyle's little sister). He also got his MBA, the smarty pants as if the M.D. wasn't enough!!! Way to go James!
The next few days were filled with wedding prep craziness. The wedding post was the previous one (see below- "they're hitched"). Anna-Jane was carried down the aisle as honorary flower girl by Melanie (our cousin). Melanie was said to have carried her like she was presenting precious jewels. Well done Melanie!!

Anna-Jane got to spend some time with my Nana (her great grandmother). Nana loves Anna-Jane so much!! She is 94 and lives in a nursing home now, but is still very much with us.

On the Tuesday after we arrived, Anna-Jane and I drove to Houston for James' graduation from medical school (congrats James!). It was really cool to watch them take the Hippocratic oath and get hooded. James is our bro-in-law (Tiffany is his wife and Kyle's little sister). He also got his MBA, the smarty pants as if the M.D. wasn't enough!!! Way to go James!
The next few days were filled with wedding prep craziness. The wedding post was the previous one (see below- "they're hitched"). Anna-Jane was carried down the aisle as honorary flower girl by Melanie (our cousin). Melanie was said to have carried her like she was presenting precious jewels. Well done Melanie!!

Anna-Jane got to spend some time with my Nana (her great grandmother). Nana loves Anna-Jane so much!! She is 94 and lives in a nursing home now, but is still very much with us.

Anna-Jane also experienced several firsts while there. She learned to sit all by herself. Here she is with Chassis ("cha-see" seriously the best dog in the world) and at her play gym.
Bush's Chicken Sweet Tea- I seriously had almost one sweet tea from there everyday. I was obsessed and determined to get my fill before coming back to Bush-less Colorado! Sweet tea is a phenomenon that should not be limited to the south. (I also enjoy McAlister's sweet tea, though not at much)


She swam for the first time in a pool. She was hot and cold with it. Sometimes she loved to be in her floaty toy and sometimes she just wanted to sit out in the shade.

To top it off, she had her first high fever. She caught some virus bug there and we had to get her some cough medicine. Praise the Lord it wasn't anything serious. Here we are in the dr.'s office:

She got a bath in the sink and I got to play with my camera and the flash a little.

To top it off, she had her first high fever. She caught some virus bug there and we had to get her some cough medicine. Praise the Lord it wasn't anything serious. Here we are in the dr.'s office:

She got a bath in the sink and I got to play with my camera and the flash a little.
Bush's Chicken Sweet Tea- I seriously had almost one sweet tea from there everyday. I was obsessed and determined to get my fill before coming back to Bush-less Colorado! Sweet tea is a phenomenon that should not be limited to the south. (I also enjoy McAlister's sweet tea, though not at much)

H-E-B. Yes, it is a grocery store. I have a wierd obsession with H-E-B and I wish we had one here in town. It is clean, well-priced, huge-selections, carries natural and organic foods in addition to regular, and is just....well....awesome. Don't ask me why I like it so much....I just do!

Smarty Pants - consignment shop
I can get so many cute things at awesome prices here and their selection is of some of the best I've seen! It is a must see when I go to Waco!!
Mexican Food!!!
I think I had Mexican food almost everytime we ate out. Here we are at LaFiesta on the patio (gotta love patio dining in Texas- you are NEVER cold!). I also like Ninfa's!
Schmaltz's - local sandwich shop with yummy sandwiches and tastes like home. I love it!





1 comments:
What a fun trip! Congrats to James (& Tiff - spouses get credit too, right?)!
Okay, all of your Texas must-haves have me missing Texas and Waco so much. Yummy (not to mention cheap!) sweet tea from Bush's, Mexican food, H-E-B - man I love that store! Glad you guys had a good trip. :)
That pic of Anna-Jane in the sink is beautiful by the way.
Post a Comment