Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Obsession

Almost anyone who is around me long enough will know what I'm talking about. I have a problem and I don't think it is going away anytime soon. I have a massive neurotic tendency to go crazy when I lose something of Anna-Jane's. It began with pacifiers back in the day. I still have no clue where one of the soothies is, and it still bugs me. It has progressed into socks, stacking/nesting cups, toys with multiple parts, dvds, puzzle pieces, etc. It is not that I have lost all those things, but that I have to know that they are together most of the time. This is my obsession, my OCD. I just make sure to clean up and put things back so that things aren't so easily lost. We lost a stacking cup to Mojo, which still irks me b/c now the set is not complete. The latest and most consuming obsession though is her Puma shoes. I have lost the right one. I have looked EVERYWHERE for this including the cars, friends' homes, the driveway, her room, the living room, the recesses of our couch, and under our bed. It can not be found. It makes it worse that these are my favorite "go to" shoes for her and go with just about everything. They were bought second hand (couldn't afford them new as they go for $40 or more....for baby shoes!!!). I even took photos especially of the shoes a few months back, that is how much I really liked these shoes.

So now I am on the search for new shoes for Anna-Jane for Christmas. So there you go. That is my craziness out there for the world to read. I am so relaxed about other parenting things (esp. for a first time mom) so I guess this is where it all filters out. Excuse my insanity.

2 comments:

McLeodx5 said...

i have a couple of comments--first of all, OMG, i am the same way...i HATE not knowing where something is! i can TOTALLY and COMPLETELY relate to your neurosis. :P second, those are the cutest shoes! we've got a puma outlet in san diego that is now calling my name, lol. i hope you find either the missing shoe or a pair to replace the pumas!

me said...

maybe Mojo got the shoe!!